Computer Science is at the intellectual forefront of the digital revolution that will define the 21st century. The jobs of tomorrow will use technologies that are not yet invented, which will advance new scientific, economic and social paradigms. Such innovative technologies require dedication to learning, both in the classroom and in the research laboratory. Our Computer Science program combines a rigorous education with added emphasis on new technologies in web, mobile, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, machine learning, and information systems security.
If you are interested in applying
to the BS in Computer Science, this is all you need to know:
Number of credits:
Price per credit:
Hold a Lebanese Baccalaureate or an equivalent diploma;
Be proficient in the English language
Admission on entrance exam
The candidate must validate a compulsory entrance exam in Mathematics and in English.
Early admission on file
This admission is intended for students who have just finished high school with a good academic level. The admissions committee will study their file and make a decision based on the grades of the scientific subjects validated at the final year of school. The candidates admitted on file will be exempted from the Mathematics test and will only take the positioning test in English.
External language exams
Applicants who have passed the following tests: DELF, TOEFL, SAT, IELTS or other similar exams will be exempted from positioning tests in French and/or English at UA.
Program learning outcomes
Graduates of the program will be able to:
1. Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
2. Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
3. Communicate effectively in diverse professional contexts.
4. Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
5. Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
Upon the completion of the Computer Science program, students will acquire necessary skills to optimize their learning curve and produce quality software solutions. They will acquire positions like Software Developers, Application Analysts, UX Designers, Web Masters, Web Developers, Mobile Application Developers, Information Systems Managers, Game Developers,
For more information about the program and courses, kindly visit: https://ua.edu.lb/french/licence-en-informatique
For more information about the admissions response to COVID-19, kindly visit: